Friday, April 6, 2007

Kids (or mom) gone crazy

Today was just one of those days. Work has been INSANE, and I had the day off. My first thought was, "YES! I can have a ME day!" But then Sarah was so upset that she has 6 whole days off of school and didn't want to spend them at daycare, so I started thinking we'd spend the day together. But then, doesn't Megan deserve an extra day home too? So, after all that, I decided we have a nice girls day at home. Riiiight.

My kids don't know how to sleep in. Unlike their mother, they haven't perfected that art just yet. So Megan was up at 6:30, and Sarah shortly thereafter. I put the TV on in my room and tried to sleep a while longer. But between fighing over who was laying in the middle, laughing,
fighting etc., it was time to give up my quest for a late sleep and get up.

They drove me crazy the rest of the day. In retrospect, I guess I was just PMS'ing, because they were just being kids. But everything they did/said grated on my nerves. Maybe I was resenting the ME day that I didn't have.

Part of the day did turn out well though. It is supposed to be yucky cold and rainy here Sunday, so I took the girls outside in their Easter dresses to try to get a few pictures. It was too sunny and windy, so we wound up in the shade, but I did get a few good pics. Then we went to the mall for their Easter Bunny pic. It came out very cute!



No comments: